Sunday, April 7, 2013

Waiting for his return, yet again.

It's Sunday morning and he'll be home this afternoon after 5 days absence for a Grand convention. I want to be excited to see him. Knowing that all I am going to hear is the details of the event for the next several days, just as it was all he talked about for the week prior, does not thrill me.

So, I will listen until my eyes glaze over. And I'll find out what new commitments he's been offered and declined/accepted. I can tell from his call last night that something is up. I know that they keep asking him to take yet another office.

Next year, he's the grand pubah for another group. I'm sure it won't be the last. I have heard other Mason's refer to their Masonic "career." Clearly, that's what I'm in for. A career in waiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All posts are subject to moderation. I will not change your meaning but I may delete or change offensive words or personal references. If your post is edited, I will note that in the post.